Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Panic Sets In

Oh my god. It's this Saturday. And I'm not the slightest bit prepared.

Things hit a snag last Tuesday when I developed pain in my left knee while training. I've since been taking it a bit easier and bought a knee bandage.

We had a great ride on Saturday along the cycle paths at Sandgate. Flat... soooo flat. But I still had to pull up at 20km due to the sore knee.

Alas, yesterday I ended up with major cramping pain in my left calf, hamstring and glute within 2km. Thus, all plans of last minute muscle-building have gone out the window. I'm now resting in the hope of getting better before Saturday.

There's no going back. We've paid for this and there's no refunds. I AM going on this ride and I'm going to make it, goddamit. Will rest some more, think healing thoughts and take it VERY easy on the first leg.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you kids the very very best of luck!! Wising you the best in general :) ~Glyn

    ReplyDelete